Thursday, October 3, 2013

#12 "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore" by Robin Sloan



It's a good thing I didn't end up in Belgium, because I did end up in a bookstore, spending more money than is reasonable on books. Unfortunately this bookstore was in down town Munich, so the English section, while comparatively large for Germany, consists only of books which made it onto the bestsellers list. Fortunately, Penumbra's made that list.

I'm a scifi nerd, I love a good puzzle, and bookstores are my happy place, so this novel was perfect for me. A well balanced combination of everything I love in real life, tied up nicely in a 288 page novel. The characters are quirky but believable, and the plot is relentlessly intriguing. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Moffit, because it's his spirit, like his name, that I recognized sprinkled throughout the pages.

Definitely the best book I've read so far. This book challenge at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment