Friday, November 8, 2013

#17 "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams



Though it feels like cheating, I have finished the first book of the Hitchhiker's Trilogy. It feels like cheating because the story is hardly over. But as I am enjoying the writing immensely (nothing like totally random sci-fi comedy to lighten your day) I will hopefully finish all three books soon.

Hitchhiker's for those of you who don't like Douglas Adams, Martin Freeman or Zooey Deschanel, is the story of Arthur, a less than ordinary earth man who's alien friend Ford saves him from death when both his house and his planet are destroyed--one by a human demolition crew, the other by an alien species who were owed a debt by the mice for the commissioning of the planet. Though ultimately I would imagine the book ends like the movie, with Arthur (Freeman) trying to find a new home in the universe, thus far it has covered many subjects, none of which are very imaginable. The entire book is in and of itself an improbability drive of literature.

But like I said, I'm loving it. Adams' style is right up my alley and the first of the series gets an A+ for readability and humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment