Friday, January 31, 2014

#37 "Sisterhood Everlasting" by Ann Brashares

What? No really. What?

If you've read even the first five pages of this book you will understand how sincerely disappointed I am in these characters for letting things get to such a point. For repeating the same mistakes again and again. For giving up on so many things.

But I'm stopping now because I refuse to write spoilers.

All in all I enjoyed this book the most of all of them on this read through. Though I should clarify that with the term "enjoyed" I am not denying the possibility that I cried through most of the second half and am successfully not in need of make-up remover tonight. Like the first four books I don't think the ending is any more realistic, it's still too full of youthful day dreams. But certain aspects of the character's internal dialogues as they tried to get back on path did resonate.

No comments:

Post a Comment