Friday, September 13, 2013

#6 "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett



This is the second time I've read The Help, and though I knew the story this time, it was just as good. Reading it this time I was trying to decide who this book is best for: young readers, older readers, biography readers, fantasy lovers, Americans, internationals, men, women. I think the one unfortunate part of the book is that it does hit a certain demographic: mature, female, Americans. That doesn't mean it's not worth while for the other sects. Heck the copy I read belongs to my German host. But without a lot of male voice, playing on emotion of being a mother and a caregiver, relying on an understanding of female dynamics, and set in a time when understanding the history is vital, as a book it is aimed a specific readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment