Tuesday, September 24, 2013

#8 "The Cuckoo's Calling" by Robert Galbraith a.k.a. J.K. Rowling



Okay, admittedly I started reading this after it came out it was Rowling under a pen name. I'm not much of one for murder or crime novels. Except for "The Thief Lord" which was more fantasy than crime, my experience with the genre has been limited to what my mother chooses for books on tape.

Despite this Cuckoo's Calling was engaging enough for me to read it quickly, and several hundred pages at a time. That's all due to Rowling's style. But where I was completely enthralled with The Casual Vacancy, really concerned that all of my favorite characters made it out alright, I read Cuckoo's Calling because it was easy and I felt obligated to. Solid B+ effort from Rowling in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment